Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration

I wanted to write a more detailed blog about the Presidential Inauguration of 2009 but found myself not having the time to log on. I know, don't scold me now readers, we still have 11 more months of 2009 left to go!

With the Inauguration occuring right now as I speak and as President Barack Obama prepares to give one of the most important speeches of his Presidential career, I have to say I feel so proud to be an American (not that i wasn't before). But never did any American, the world, and let alone African-Americans think they'd see an African-American President as soon as the year 2009. I hope that he carries the United States through a good 4 years. He gives me hope that someday maybe even a hispanic individual will be President some day. Heck, even a woman.

When I come to think about all the historical events that have occured in the last 10 years and throughout my life, there is a lot to acount for:
- The attacks on 9/11
- 2 Wars
- High gas prices
- Inflation
- Hurricane Katrina and New Orleans
- Tsunami
- Economical let down (loss of jobs, high end companies filing for bankruptcy)
- First VP woman Nominee - Sarah Palin
- And now the first Black President being inaugurated into the White House.

I could not be any happier that I've lived through all the events at an appropriate age. Old enough to remember them in great detail that I can share them with my children when I have a family. And I hope that all of you do the same. They're definitely worth remembering. Even though there have been a couple of tragedies, they've certaintly brought people together to help those in need. Some tragedies have even caused for new ideas and innovation. The economy has caused families to make decisions that will possibly change their lives, forever drastically losing jobs and property. For this, I can not be anymore grateful that not only my family and I have a job in this economical crisis, but most importantly a roof to come home to everyday.

Put on any news channel and watch the Inauguration NOW!! What a site it is with thousands of people gathered to watch history in the making. Let's see what the following 4 years of Barack's Presidential candidacy brings to the people and history of the United States. I am proud to be an American!!!

No comments: