Thursday, January 29, 2009

A relaxing weekend in Key Largo

Saturday evening El Hombre (which btw inspired me and motivates me to blog ) and I decided to go down to his house in Key Largo (Tavernier). We enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend;the weather was beautiful all weekend long. Two things I love about the Keys is the laid back atmosphere it has to offer and the stars are more visible, hence the shooting stars. El Hombre showed me around the area, taking me to several areas and retaurants. Here are a few shots and reviews on places to check out the next time you're down in the Keys.


We had breakfast at The Waffle House (one of our faves and must!) on Sunday morning. The food was great as it always is but the employees were being extremely rude and arguining with one another about washing the dishes. We've never had a problem like this before, and hopefully it's our last as it can be a rude awakening. I'm sure we'll go back as long as they keep making yummy waffles like the one pictured here.
Huge iguanas all over the Keys

We went to a park/garden next to Founders Park. There are different benches, bird feeders, and plants located around the garden. At the end of the garden there is a view of the ocean and a bay. The garden is always quaint and desolate. It's a great place for quiet time.




On our way back to Miami we stopped at Hobo's Cafe. It was my first time eating here and all I have to say is 4 stars. The place is small and cozy. Luckily for us there was no wait and had there been, it would've been worth it. The employee service was excellent! Our waitress was really friendly and on top of her customers needs on a constant basis. The food service was quick to come out of the kitchen. I had the Marino Burger and it was delicious and fresh! I recommend that all of you visit Hobo's Cafe.

Goodbye Key Largo. Until next time...

1 comment:

Alejandro said...

Looks very nice. I look foward to hearing more about your Keys adventures.